- Exiled from Continuity: The MAX series.
Marvel Civil War Handbook On Punisher: Although recently Castle has escalated his war on crime even further, with record-breaking body counts, he is paradoxically now rarely encountered in the field by any superhero save Daredevil. (...) It's almost like he inhabits two worlds, one where heroes can capture him and one where they can't, and he can slip from one to the other with ease.
- Follow the Leader: Almost single-handedly kick-started the Darker and Edgier trend of the late 80s and on through the 90s, and remains one of the few such series/characters to have retained his popularity and effectiveness after it died out (though Lord knows he's had his share of Dork Ages).
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Tons.
- His first ongoing series, The Punisher, Vol. 2, ran for 108 issues and had seven annuals. Its only available in the black and white softcover Essentials collections, and those only have the first 40 issues and the first 3 annuals. Want the rest? Gotta wait and hope they continue the line. Oh, and some of the volumes are out of print.
- His second ongoing series, The Punisher War Journal, ran for 80 issues. There is a single trade paperback collecting the series and it only has the first eight issues. There are also two out of print trades, one collecting the first three and the second collecting the next two, showing his first meeting with Wolverine.
- His third ongoing series, The Punisher War Zone, ran for 41 issues and had two annuals. There are three trades collecting it but issues 7-25 and 37-41 and the annuals remain uncollected.
- His fourth ongoing series, simply titled Punisher, ran for 18 issues. It is not collected in any format.
- His fifth ongoing series, The Punisher, ran for 37 issues. It was written by Garth Ennis very successful and popular. It was collected in trade paperbacks, save for issues 8-12 which weren't written by Ennis. The paperbacks are out of print. It was released in hardcovers but the hardcover line is incomplete with no sign of Marvel continuing. The hardcovers that do exist are also out of print. Finally, it was collected in one massive omnibus, which also collected the Welcome Back, Frank storyline. This is also out of print. As a final kicker, an issue included within the omnibus is The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. This is a very collectible issue and was collected in a trade paperback with Welcome Back, Frank. Welcome Back, Frank has gotten a new trade edition. Kills the Marvel Universe is not included.
- Unintentional Period Piece: The Punisher came into his own during the decade of the crack epidemic, Bernie Goetz, David Dinkins, and John Gotti. Metaphorically speaking, he's never left.