Awesome: Masters of the Universe
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983)
- She-Ra: Princess of Power
- The New Adventures of He-Man
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)
- The moment where the claw comes back through the vortex to get the Key, and Skeletor's forces miss grabbing it, literally by inches.
- Julie escaping her pursuers by throwing ammonia in the Beastman's face. She later saves He-Man from Karg by shooting him.
- Evil-Lyn using a scanner to replay the fight between He-Man, Julie, and the mercenaries, then smugly commenting that Julie must have tipped the scales against them.
Evil-Lyn: Outnumbered? Out-classed is more like it.
- When Evil-Lyn and her mercenaries localize the Key, which is in Kevin's hands just before Lubic confiscates it, Kevin is running a microwave. The mercenary believes that their signal is being jammed and Evil-Lyn orders him to send a counter-signal to destroy the source. The oven explodes.
- Skeletor's over-the-top-entrances, especially his entrance to our world.
- The fact that the film's version of Skeletor succeeded where his cartoon counterpart failed.
- Frank Langella buried under makeup, managing to make Skeletor a truly terrifying and serious villain, not playing it for camp but truly making the role his own.
Blade: Give us one more chance, Lord Skeletor and we will succeed!Skeletor: I am not in a giving vein this day.
- The best moment: His growl just before frying Saurod.
- He-Man stealing the key back from Evil-Lyn.
- Skeletor's trap to capture He-Man. In addition to enslaving him by threatening his friends, he wrecks the Cosmic Key and erases its tones, then poisons Julie.
- Kevin remembering the right tones to fix the Cosmic Key and get the group to Eternia.
- So does Detective Lubic have a panic attack after being transported to an alien dimension? Why no... He starts shooting at Skeletor's army!
Detective Lubic: Nobody takes pot shots at Lubic!
- Everyone around Lubic is shooting lasers at each other. How does he reply? By proving to everyone that Shotguns Are Just Better.
- Skeletor becomes a god and gives one of the best villain speeches of all time.
"People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny by the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe! YES! Yes... I feel it, the power... fills me. Yes, I feel the universe within me! I am... I am a part of the cosmos! The power flows... Flows through me! Of what consequence are you now? This planet, these people. They are NOTHING to me! The universe is power! Real, unstoppable POWER! and I am that force! I am that power! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER! Fool! you are no longer my EQUAL! I am more than man! MORE THAN LIFE! I... am... a... GOD! Now. You... will... KNEEEEEL! KNEEEEL!"
- He-Man gets one near the end of the movie. Having freed himself from his bonds, he heads for Skeletor's throne, where the Power Sword is being held. Every time he grabs for it, he gets electrocuted, until he makes one last grab, pulls it out and, to the sounds of a triumphant soundtrack, shouts I HAVE THE POWER!
- For the cheesiness and 80s style special effects, the final fight between He-Man and Skeletor is actually pretty damn good. Apparently the power surge turned off all the lights, and the whole thing is lit primarily by their glowing sword and staff, respectively as they go at each other.
- Especially the ending. Pure awesomeness! (The commentary track reveals that the director actually paid for and filmed this sequence out of his own pocket, as the original planned epic battle was never filmed due to time and money constraints. Now that's dedication!)