The Mass Effect Trilogy is a series of Crowning Moments of Awesome. This page has been split due to its length.
- From Retribution, Kai Leng may be an incredibly xenophobic and sociopathic asshole, but there is no denying that he is a badass. Before the story, the man killed a krogan with a knife in a Bar Brawl and during the story's events, he kills six turians, by himself, and again with only a knife, showing off just how he beats Thane later down the line.
- In the prologue of Revelation, a young Anderson (recently promoted to N7 status and still a Lieutenant) had a conversation with Admiral John Grissom about the hostile first contact with the Turians. In which in a Call Forward, he basely gave a massive middle finger to Saren's "Is submission not preferable to extinction?" philosophy in regards to the Reapers (And perhaps in a way, advocate the 'refuse' ending for Mass Effect 3).
Grissom: Every military engagement has only three options, Lieutenant: engage, retreat, or surrender.'Anderson: We can't just turn our backs on Shanxi! We have to engage!... With all due respect.Grissom: It's not that simple. This is completely unprecedented; we've never faced an enemy like this before. We know nothing about them. If we escalate this into a war against an alien species, we have no way to predict how it will end. They could have a fleet a thousand times the size of ours. We could be on the verge of starting a war that will culminate in the total annihilation of the human race. Do you honestly think we should take that risk, Lieutenant Anderson?....Anderson: Sir, I don't think we have any other choice. Retreat isn't an option. Now that the aliens know about us they aren't just going to sit at Shanxi and do nothing.Grissom: And you don't think surrender is an option?Anderson: I don't think humanity could survive being subjugated under alien rule. Freedom is worth fighting for.Grissom: Even if we lose? This isn't just about what you're willing to sacrifice, soldier. We provoke them and this war could make its way to Earth. Think about your wife. Are you willing to risk her life for the sake of freedom?Anderson: I don't know, sir. Are you willing to condemn your daughter to the life of a slave?
- There's an app that can be downloaded to smartphones that will track your progress in game and send you messages accordingly, as though you are Shepard in real life. How cool is that?
- Unfortunately, in Summer 2013, the app was removed. So far, the messaging function hasn't been available elsewhere.
- The image from the ninth foundation comic. The very model of a Scientist Salarian indeed◊.
- Shepard has, like, half the entries on this page. Well if one were to look at the character page s/he has one all to themselves. Detailing Shepard's exploits. How many characters full stop have their own page? It's a testament to just how awesome s/he is that Naruto, Batman, Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter, Buffy Summers, or anyone else had not hit that level of Troper Critical Mass.
- In the second game, Kasumi will mention she got Shepard into Badass Weekly. The writer for the real life Badass of the Week thought this was the crowning moment of his career and was so flattered he had to write an entry for the site. Guess who.
- The only reason it didn't come out earlier was because the author wanted to finish the trilogy first.
- The character designs are so popular that people have recreated them in real life. This and this are pretty CM for Mass Effect Coplay. Though it'd probably be better called special effect artists play dress up.
- Just about any time Commander Shepard gives one of their famous speeches is going to be this.