Awesome: James Rolfe
- There's one for James Rolfe: His Star Wars review videos, a surprisingly deep analysis of the iconic film series. Most of us will come out of watching those videos seeing Star Wars in a whole new light and gaining a greater appreciation for what it stands for.
- How about his annual Monster Madness videos? A movie review everyday in October, the 2008 edition all the Godzilla movies. The amount of work put into them every year is astounding, and he still does AVGN episodes.
- His description of "rewriting history" regarding the 16mm-film version of King Kong in his Same movies, different formats video.
- His final comments on his Top Ten Sequels That Aren't as Bad as Everyone Says. For him to say to go against the crowd and to think for yourself when it came to movies was truly something, especially considering that most internet critics say otherwise, is enough to win over almost any cynic.
- Perhaps the MOST EPIC COFFEE SPITTIN' EVER! can be viewed here.
- James' story of the day he beat Contra.
- James And Mike Play Mario Paint. Sure, it's mostly comical, but the long montage at the end of Mike using the SNES Mouse to draw all sorts of surprisingly (for the hardware) well done artwork of games such as Mickey Mania, Super Mario Land, Punch-Out!!, Star Fox, Street Fighter, Turtles In Time, Metroid, Bubble Bobble, Donkey Kong Country, Batman, and Doom, complete with the appropriate music playing during each segment, is just amazing, especially how he pulled it off with an SNES mouse on Mario Paint of all things. His drawing of The Nerd at the end, even if it was erased prematurely, was also pretty good.
- In episode 3 of Cinemassacre Mailbag, in between laughs, he declares a line from one e-mail directed to him to be "the greatest fucking quote [he's] ever read." The line in question: "Live like a windrammer as you fuck." Overlaps big-time with Crowning Moment of Funny.
- The Dream Phone episode of Board James being released on April 1st and not being an April Fool's Joke.
- Getting zombie guru George A. Romero to make a quick Cameo in his Dawn of the Dead Monster Madness review.
- For his movie The Curse of the Cat Lover's Grave, he dug a 5-foot hole in the ground by himself during a blizzard!
- In his SNES vs Genesis videos, James as a little kid is trying to defend Nintendo by pointing out the Tiger Games, posters, Power Pad, Zapper Gun (or as he called it, the Power Gun), walkthroughs, characters, and the fact that the controllers have stickers on them. Later, he defends the SNES by pointing how how its graphics scale and have high resolution—or as he says, "resoluation."
- As his younger self gets more and more into it, James pauses and says he went over his present-day self's head.
- The AVGN movie will be premiering in Hollywood at the Grauman's Egyptian Theatre!
- During the Double Dragon review with Mike, one time he gets to two "Abobo" in Mission 3. He survives with just a sliver of health.note
- It's impossible not to feel awesome while watching this.
- James has finally beaten the Battletoads Turbo Tunnel.
- James' rather random appearance in a banned Super Bowl 2011 commercial for Doritos has turned him into a One-Scene Wonder.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.