Released December 2013 in Japanese theaters, this is the first Lupin III related theatrical anime film in 17 years. And it's the first Lupin III theatrical movie that is a sequel to a TV special
. Plus, this is the first theatrical Conan movie to be a crossover. Both Conan and Lupin have their annual TV special for 2013.Has a website.
This movie features examples of:
- Bathtub Bonding: The Furo Scene with Ai and Fujiko establishes that the two women knew each other prior to Ai's shrinking. They're still comfortable enough to bathe together, although Ai refuses to share her "eternal youth drug" that Fujiko wants.
- Butt Monkey: Takagi gets captured and stripped by Lupin, left in Zenigata's towed-away car, punished by his superiors, and used as a chauffeur by the Detective Boys & Agasi.
- Cross Over: Between Lupin III and Detective Conan (again).
- Continuity Nod: Events that took place during Lupin III vs. Detective Conan are often mentioned.
- Friendly Enemy: Detective Conan and Thief Lupin (Conan and Lupin's partner Jigen may also count).
- Furo Scene: Fujiko and Ai to have a long conversation while taking a bath.
- Ironic Echo: The line "Betrayal is a woman's accessory" is a Mythology Gag to the first Lupin III (Green Jacket) episode. Fujiko tells Ai the line while they're in the bathtub together, and Ai repeats it back to Fujiko, to break her promise to tell Fujiko the secret of the atpx drug.
- Talking with Signs: Jigen pulls out a hand-held sign during the narration introducing him, as well as a scene when Conan is talking on the phone.