Animation / The Vanished World of Gloves
A quaint 1982 short film by Czech stop-motion master Jiri Barta.
An excavator digs up piles of gloves which look too clean to have been there long. He tosses them aside, until a tangled roll of film catches his eye. He takes the film home and watches a short history of film laid out before his eyes, all through gloves.
You can view both parts.
Parodied by the short film:
Tropes related to the short:
- Deliberately Monochrome: The first four films the man watches are in black and white.
- Notzilla: During the sci-fi segment, a glove is attacked by a giant crocodile-like creature.
- Parody: Each film spoofs a specific film or genre.
- A Party, Also Known as an Orgy: The focus of the Fellini parody.
- War Is Hell: The fourth segment shows gloves marching off to war, which just means being thrown into an incinerator. They come back badly battered.