- Awesome Music: The game utilized a contextual score that utilized John Williams' score depending on the actions of the player.
- Although to a lesser extent than the TIE Defender was in TIE Fighter, the TIE Avenger definitely had this going for it by being faster and more agile than the A-wing, and as well-armed and durable as the X-wing. The TIE Avenger was pretty much the only ship in multiplayer that was routinely banned by name.
- The Beam weapons that can be added to Imperial fighters basically act like a separate battery that can be used to supercharge the craft's engines if all of its power was dumped. This was so notoriously abused in multiplayer that "No Beams" was one of the most common conditions imposed in vs. matches.
- Griefer: Hacking and cheats were generally not a problem since not having the same game version as other players tended to make things unstable. However it was not uncommon for someone to enter a "No TIE Advanced No Beams" multiplayer match and switch their craft and loadout at the last second since it wasn't possible to actually lock out certain fighters and weapon loads. Team killing could also be a problem, since there was no option for disabling friendly fire.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Was addressed in Balance of Power by bringing in a single-player campaign mode ala its predecessors.
YMMV / X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter