- Awesome Music: Throughout, starting with the hauntingly melancholic opening tune. The director also worked on ARIA and it shows.
- Designated Love Interest: Kojima, with whom Kanon doesn't even have a fraction of the chemistry she has with Marin.
- Fridge Brilliance: The way Sedna is dealt with in the end makes a lot of sense when looking from a Jungian perspective. To elaborate, in Jungian psychology, Shadows are not inherently evil. A big part of inner growth is accepting it and learning to grow by not running away from the parts of yourself you dont want to see.
- Growing the Beard: Oh boy, does it ever, especially after the Mood Whiplash.
- Les Yay: Kanon and Marin become very close during the course of the series.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The transformation sequences, Urin's butterfly wings, and the red sparkles that make up Sedna.
YMMV / Umi Monogatari