- Alternate Character Interpretation: Many characters fall under this:
- Did Nicole just learn to stick up for herself and play a strong game, or did she become a strategy bot that only saw her friends as pawns to further herself?
- Is Lionel merely a simple Jerkass, or is he an unrelenting asshole who didn't get enough punishment?
- Is Ethan a funny, lovable Cloud Cuckoo Lander, or an irritating waste of space that contributed nothing to the story?
- Is Beatrice a major Woobie, or just plain annoying?
- Did Sooz actually have a plan worth any merit, or was she simply a trainwreck designed for amusement?
- Is Sophie a sociopath, or just a cutthroat player?
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Ethan for a lot of the readership. So much that The author pushed him farther up the boot order for the fans.
- Jerkass Woobie: Beatrice, after she realizes how horrible she was to Victoria.
- Lionel, to some extent. Jerkass he may be, but the amount of crap he gets from Bobby and Sophie is just sad.
- Moe: Matthew, oddly enough, is more this than any of the girls in contrast to most examples. Nicole probably comes the closest, and perhaps Annie, though she switches between this and being an Action Girl.
- The Scrappy:
- Bobby, for being a smug little weakling who hides behind his inventions and acts like he's the victim. Doesn't help that his inventions never work the way they should yet he still constantly boasts his super intelligence.
- Ezmyralda, though it's more likely an Intended Audience Reaction.
- Annie, whose only contribution to the story is to hate Edward to the point where she throws a hissy fit whenever anyone doesn't try and vote him off.
- Nicole lost a lot of fans when she started throwing her alliance-mates under the bus, even Montana.
- Shocking Elimination: Subverted. At the Final Five, it seems as if it's heading off into one, but it's stopped at the last second.
- Wangst: Parry just seems emo for no real reason.
- The Woobie: Poor Victoria pretty much exists to be Beatrice and Edward's punching bag.
YMMV / Total Drama Refresh