- Base-Breaking Character:
- Lisa: Entertaining and insightful, or annoying and judgmental?
- Sara: Sober grounding influence on Lisa, or overly humorless and serious except when skirt-chasing?
- Iseul: Is her cheating okay because she's sexually repressed, or is she a monstrous hypocrite for cheating on her husband with a woman after berating her daughter for years about being a lesbian?
- Ronnie: The Woobie from years of harrassment or oversensitive and unable to put his past behind him?
- Michael: Oblivious but well-meaning Nice Guy or insensitive and deserved to get punched out by Ronnie?
- Theo: Is he a wimp for sticking his head in the sand regarding Iseul as well as forgiving her for her infidelity and even blaming himself at least partially for it, or is he the greatest husband ever? General consensus seems to agree upon the latter, but it's easy to see where some could perceive Theo as being a bit too passive.
- Jerkass Woobie: Ronnie is hostile, rude, and obnoxious, and so far, too quick to assume he's being attacked to hold a normal conversation. When we see his POV, every other character's speech bubbles are covered up by weird, formal analysis. Reader reaction varies wildly.
- Narm: Almost everything Hank says is unnecessarily overdramatic. Bonus points for the occasional accompanying overdramatic body language/posturing.
YMMV / QUILTBAG