- Narm: Some of the dialogue isn't very organic or realistic.
- There's also the fact that the author doesn't seem to understand how bruises work, referring to them as "black hand marks."
- Nightmare Fuel: Pip is tormented by a voice inside of his head that encourages him to cut himself.
- Everything about Kenny, particularly if you've ever been a victim of rape and/or stalking.Kenny: Come on Pip, don't cry. I don't want to hurt you but if you keep struggling I can't help it. Relax and enjoy it.
- At one point, Pip has a nightmare about Kenny attempting to sexually assault him, only to be stopped by Damien, who appears as a demonic beast and devours Kenny before attempting to eat Pip's soul.
- Everything about Kenny, particularly if you've ever been a victim of rape and/or stalking.
- The Woobie: Dear God, Phillip Pirrup.
YMMV / Outcasting English