- Base-Breaking Character: Claude and Cormac (particularly the latter) can be seen as either Jerkass followers of James or decent guys who get overcome by desperation and paranoia given their better moments earlier in the film.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: The Hunter, Milo, and Doc Murphy all have their fans.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Reverend Gilbert crosses the line when he attempts to burn Brigitte alive.
- Hard to pinpoint where James crosses it, between him attempting to force himself on Brigitte, or literally throwing one of his men to the wolves or doing the same to Milo for being mixed race (Claude also loses a lot of sympathy for helping him there).
- The Scrappy: Given how he's such a sexually predatory racist coward who doesn't even put up a good fight at the end, James is an utter Hate Sink who doesn't really add much to the plot that couldn't have been done by the other characters.
- The Woobie: Geofrey Rowlands's mother was killed by a werewolf and when he was bitten, his father kept him locked up for his protection. After he breaks loose, his father is eventually forced to give him a Mercy Kill.
YMMV / Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning