- Awesome Music: Most of their stuff, frankly. Special mention goes, ironically, to one of the few songs they have to their name which isn't growly, hard-boiled viking metal: Ad Victoriam, a slow-paced, brilliantly powerful instrumental of the equally-fantastic Victory Song.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Passion, Proof, Power has a short intermission, where a group of people discuss in German about beer and a Finntroll, among other things.
- About twelve minutes into the Week 7 episode of the studio diary series, there's a sudden and inexplicable re-enactment of The Wizard of Oz, starring Emmi as Dorothy, Sami as the Cowardly Lion, Markus as the Scarecrow, Petri as the 'Iron Tin Man' ("You can't be both iron AND tin!"), and apparently made on a budget of about one euro (Petri's costume is made of tin foil and Markus literally just has straw stuffed in his sleeves). It comes out of nowhere and isn't given any explanation whatsoever.
- Broken Base: Are the band still good now that Jari's gone?
- Dork Age: Unsung Heroes is their worst received album.
- Face of the Band: Petri Lindroos or Markus Toivonen. Jari Mäenpää before he left.
- Replacement Scrappy: Petri proves to be competent in both Victory Songs and From Afar, but some still see him as the downfall of Ensiferum.
YMMV / Ensiferum