- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Given how bleak and hopeless the setting is, it's likely to fall into this within the first few hours.
- Nightmare Fuel: The whole game.
- The Park: the corpses of the people Driven to Suicide hasn't been pulled down and rotting from the noose since the aftermath of the Great Wave.
- The Hospital: Victims of "dissolved" plague piled up on the rows of table who were left to die horribly from their condition's expiration that caused them to dissolve into blood and remains. To make matters worse, they were suffering from And I Must Scream from their delirium and nothing else is done due to large numbers of patients and medicine shortages.
- Collin and other "dissolved" victims. After spending most of their time being bed-stricken and seeing visions from Underground Highways, they violently exploded and leaving nothing but a pool of blood behind.
- Tear Jerker: Poor Collin, see the Nightmare Fuel section.
YMMV / Dead Synchronicity