- Non-Singing Voice: At the end of the song "On the Trail of the Lonesome Pine", Stan Laurel's voice switches to a deep bass and then a high falsetto. These parts were dubbed by two of his co-stars, Chill Wills and Rosina Lawrence.
- The Other Marty: Tiny Sandford was, originally, cast as the Sheriff, but was replaced by Stanley Fields shortly after shooting began. Although Sandford's filmed footage was completely re-shot with Fields, some still photos still exist showing Sandford in the role and he survives in the first shot when the stagecoach arrives in Brushwood Gulch.
- Throw It In!: Stan and Ollie's "At the Ball Dance" was improvised and not scripted.
- What Could Have Been: Indians were included in the original script.
- Working Title: Hal Roach had to come up with four different titles for the film, before finding a title that wasn't already owned by another studio. The three discarded titles were: You'd Be Surprised, Tonight's the Night, and In the Money.
Trivia / Way Out West