- Bad Export for You: As stated below, the whole series is legally available on YouTube, but every episode is cropped from its original 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: In the pilot movie, Todd is voiced by Michael Cera and Mrs. Jewls is voiced by Kathy Najimy.
- Creator Backlash: A fan artist stated that the author of the original Wayside School books (Louis Sachar) didn't particularly like the series. She did mention that, despite his feelings towards the series, he did like the animation and, when he saw the artist's drawing of Louis (his Author Avatar from the books/show), remarked "Well, he certainly takes after me.". 
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Averted in the case of the actual episodes. The episodes are all up on YouTube, but the DVD releases of Wayside: The Movie and Season 1 (which both feature the original widescreen versions of the episodes) are very hard to find, and aren't cheaply priced on eBay or Amazon (most likely for being given a limited run, since it wasn't released officially as a Nickelodeon-branded DVD).
- The second season itself didn't receive a DVD release.
- The Other Darrin: As mentioned above, the pilot movie has Michael Cera as the voice of Todd and Kathy Najimy as the voice of Mrs. Jewls, while in the series they're voiced by Mark Rendall and Kathleen Laskey.
- Screwed by the Network: Nickelodeon gave the show some decent advertising and a decent timeslot when the show first came out (despite premiering it at the end of the American school year), before screwing around with it's timeslot and ultimately shoved it to the side before its cancellation (though it did premiere the Christmas episode as part of the 2007 Christmas celebrations).
- The Wiki Rule: The Wayside Wiki.
Trivia / Wayside