A continuation of the last episode, Sora reveals he has a powerful summoning deck and backs Yuya into a corner with "Frightfur Bear." However, a loophole in the effects of Pendulum Monsters allows Yuya to revive his Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon from destruction and save it from Frightfur Bear's effect, letting him win the duel. Although Sora agrees not to be Yuya's apprentice, he still wants to be his friend, and joins the You Show school.
This episode contains examples of:
- Exact Words: Sora agrees to stop seeking to be Yuya's apprentice, and instead tries to become his friend. He stops stalking him, though.
- Foreshadowing: Sora offhandedly mentions that, where he grew up, Fusion Summoning was extremely common.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Odd-Eyes functions for Yuya as this in a duel. Odd-Eyes being the symbol of Pendulum summoning to Yuya.
- Loophole Abuse: Frightfur Bear can equip destroyed monsters to itself from the Graveyard. However, this fails when he tries it on Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, because Pendulum monsters go to the Extra Deck instead of the Graveyard whenever they would leave the field.
- Stepford Smiler: This episode showed us that Yuya has a habit of ignoring his pain, which lead to his many, many problems as the series goes on.