Robotnik has set his eyes on the last living herd of a dinosaur-like species. The Freedom Fighters help the creatures navigate through the Great Jungle while fighting off the advances of Robotnik's machines.
The episode contains examples of:
- Chekhov's Gun: The Freedom Fighters discover a species of "metal-eating" plants that instantly corrode metal into dust upon contact. The plants' harmless seeds are harvested before the episode is over, but they aren't ever brought up again directly. However, come the final episode of the series, we discover that Rotor's been developing metal-eating balloons (water balloon-like thrown projectiles). Arguably, the chemical inside the balloons could have come from the aforementioned plants.
- A Day in the Limelight: The episode focuses mainly on Tails.
- I Miss Mom: When Sonic tells Tails that Baby T. wouldn't like living with the Freedom Fighters because he'd miss his mother, Tails tearfully confesses that he misses his own mother.
- Missing Mom: Baby T has to find his herd so he can reunite with his mother. Also discussed:Sonic: He wouldn't like livin' with us. He'd miss his mom.Tails: I miss my mom, too.
- Ship Tease: Bunnie flirtatiously calls Rotor "Yah lil' genius". The show's bible revealed that she had a crush on him, and, aside from them dancing together in the title sequence, this is the only remnant of that.
- Single Tear: Tails sheds one when he tells Sonic that he misses his mother.