The World Bowl finals are interrupted by a pirate broadcast by Jonathan Doors, who reveals that he's alive to the world. Doors claims the Taelons were planning on having him killed, which is why he faked his death. He also announces the existence of the Resistance and calls upon the people not to buy the Taelons' lies. The transmission is traced to a Doors-owned factory, which blows up as soon as Boone, Lily, and Sandoval shows up. Protests flare up all over the world as anti-Taelon sentiment rises. The Taelon Synod loses faith in Da'an and sends the aggressive and arrogant Zo'or to take his place. Boone and Lily are unable to contact Doors, so Lily asks Augur to find him. Doors then reveals that Futurity Farm, an agricultural research facility, has been experimenting on humans, but Zo'or manages to neutralize the public outcry. Boone tries to restore Da'an to his position. Boone and Lily ask Augur to frame the Futurity Farm CEO as secretly working with Doors in order to make Sandoval and, by extension, Zo'or look bad. Zo'or orders Sandoval to raid Futurity Farm on the night of a supposed meeting between the CEO and Doors. Boone ensures that a well-known reporter is present during the raid. Boone's plan works, and Da'an is reinstated as the North American Companion. Augur sends Boone and Lily to St. Michael's Church, where Doors supposedly is. They are led to a secret elevator that take them to a large well-staffed underground bunker, which is the headquarters of the Resistance. Furthermore, Augur is revealed to have been working with Doors for even longer than Lily.
- Batman Gambit: Boone's plan to get Da'an reinstated involves showing Sandoval and Zo'or to be incompetent. He has Augur hack into Anne Portnoy's schedule and make it look like she's secretly meeting with Jonathan Doors (it's actually a damage control meeting with her subordinates). They then leave fale evidence that Portnoy sent the evidence of the human experiments at Futurity Farm to Doors using her personal email. Finally, Augur sends a message to a reporter about the upcoming raid on Futurity Farm, so the whole fiasco makes the news. It works perfectly, and the Synod reintates Da'an.
- Better the Devil You Know: One of the reasons Boone decides to get the Synod to reinstate Da'an as the North American Protector over Zo'or. The other reason is that Da'an has a much better understanding of humankind, whereas Zo'or is arrogant and believes humans to be inferior. Da'an explains that each CVI recipient interprets their motivational imperative differently.
- Continuity Nod: Doors shows Boone the alien probe they found in the previous episode.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Doors's announcement has caused some members of the Taelon Synod to consider conquering Earth instead of their current method.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated: Quoted by Doors when he first reveals his survival to the public.