Tina attempts to reunite an elderly woman with her lover. Meanwhile, Bob starts hanging out with "cool chefs."
- Artistic License Military: Played for Laughs. Bob claims he received the cheese from the Swiss Navy, as the Swiss, of course, have no navy.
- Comically Missing the Point:
- When the kids find that the pearl necklace is missing, Gene laments that Joel will never be able to pull it off.
- Louise tells Tina that she thinks things are more romantic than they actually are, like how she legitimately thought a dog was chasing a squirrel not for attacking but because they were into each other. She still insists that was true.
- Gilligan Cut: At the end of the episode, the kids find that the pearls were in Meryl's purse. Tina asks if they should tell Sgt. Bosco, but Louise says he's probably forgotten about it. Cut to Bosco arriving to question Joel.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Joel visits his great-aunt every week to claim that it's his birthday and collect a check for $25.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Louise puts forth a very convincing theory that the Admiral is not real, but a ruse by Joel to find and sell her pearl necklace.