To get a spot in the community garden, Bob does the unthinkable: he makes Louise's arch-nemesis Logan Bush an employee at the restaurant.
- Condescending Compassion: Linda takes offense to the upper middle-class Cynthia calling the Belchers "simple folk" who are "doing the best they can".
- Counter Point Duet: The song "Happy Crappy Place" has Bob singing about how much he loves working in the garden, while Louise and Linda sing about how much they hate having Logan and his mom Cynthia hanging around the restaurant.
- Gasshole: Logan likes to torment Louise by wafting his burps and farts in her face.
- Jerkass Realization: After trying to stop Louise from sabotaging his garden plot, Bob refers to the plants as "my babies". He realizes saying that in front of his actual daughter was a dick move, and that he's overall been really selfish about the whole garden thing.
- Orphaned Set Up: While talking to his plants, Bob starts to tell them a joke about a kid who finds a welding mask in the sandbox when he realizes the other people in the garden are staring at him.