Book II, Chapter 15
Saint Olaf's Hospital, also known colloquially as Olaf's Home and later more formally as The Royal Hospital of St Olaf, is a 493-bed teaching hospital located in Trondheim, Norway. Founded in January 1042 as a charitable bequest from Ruffnut Fairhair I and Magnus Fairhair I, it is among the oldest continuously operating hospitals in the world. It is home to the first medical library in Northern Europe and the oldest still-extant physic garden, both of which were started by Queen Ruffnut in the first few years of its existence, as well as to the second oldest Buffalord milking barn in the world.
— Saint Olaf's Hospital. (n.d.). In Wikikenna. Retrieved February 1, 1896.
Tropes That Appear In This Chapter:
- Frame-Up: Someone broke into Heather's room and planted a necklace from one of Eochaid's men, trying to frame her for stealing it and breaking Sacred Hospitality.
- Honor Before Reason: Hiccup's monogamous devotion to Astrid is framed as this.Astrid: Hiccup. You love me.Hiccup: With all my heart.Astrid: And beyond reason. And that's... a problem. Because while it makes for an excellent romantic tale... it'll cause us problems. But given this is how you're acting now... I'm... not worried about the devotion of your heart. I trust you. You'd never hurt me on purpose. Accident, yes, but you own up to it and apologize.
- Mythology Gag: In this chapter, Astrid asks Hiccup why he's hesitant to let Wulfhild into his heart and into their bed. The following exchange calls back a pivotal moment from the first movie:Hiccup: I don't know! I don't! Astrid, there's no fleet sailing to doom right now, why do you have to know now!?Astrid: Because it needs to be done. And done properly. And with every day that we ignore it, it gets worse. [points to Wulfhild] And because she's our friend, and she deserves an answer! She'll remember what you say right now, and so will I!
- No Periods, Period: Averted with Astrid. She reads it as the final kick she needs to allow Wulfhild into her and Hiccups marital-bed.
- Polyamory: In this chapter Astrid, Hiccup, and Wulfhild after having a heart to heart officially become a triad.
- Straw Misogynist: It's hearing Eochaid's perspective on women that drives Hiccup away from him as soon as they meet, taking comfort in the fact that whatever he is, he isn't Eochaid.