Basic Trope: A futuristic society's government is noticably similar to an American-style republic.
- Straight: The New World Government of Earth has a democratically-elected president and congress.
- Exaggerated: The United States of Earth is essentially America after having annexed every other nation.
- Downplayed: Although every other nation is officially under American control, their cultures have been almost completely untouched.
- Justified: No matter one's opinion, America is a significant world power. It likely would have a noticeable impact on future governments.
- Inverted: Future America is molded to be more like other nations.
- Subverted: It appears that the New World Government is going to be a standard American-style regime, until it's revealed that they have a king.
- Double Subverted: ...who's democratically elected.
- Parodied: Every planet in the universe, even those who have never had human contact, is arguing in congress and waving around American flags.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The New World Government of Earth has no blatantly obvious American influence.
- Enforced: "What's this going to be run like?... I'll write what I know."
- Lampshaded: "Why are we all celebrating the Fourth of July? We're not independent from anything."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: International treaties keep all nations' sovereignty intact.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Make sure to vote for the next interplanetary election! Your solar system needs you!