Basic Trope: A video game Mook that is immune to the character's main abilities.
- Straight: The Troder has spikes on its head, preventing Oreh from goomba stomping it.
- Exaggerated: The Troder has spikes all over its body, preventing Oreh from using anything in their base moveset from defeat it. Either they have to use an outside source to defeat it, or it can't be defeated whatsoever.
- Downplayed: The Troder wears a helmet that weakens Oreh's Goomba Stomp. They can still use it, but punching or shooting it would be a better idea.
- Justified: Emperor Evulz notices Oreh is defeating his minions to defeat them easily, so he employs the Troders to throw them for a loop.
- Inverted: The Goddabat has a lot of health, so it takes a long time to defeat with punches and shooting. It however has an exposed brain, so goomba stomps defeat them easily.
- Subverted: The Troder has spikes on its head, so Oreh deals with it by punching it... which knocks its spike off, allowing them to jump on it.
- Double Subverted: Except they can't. The Troder has a Healing Factor, and regenerates its spike swiftly.
- Zigzagged: Troders start out as this, until Oreh gets the Magic Boots of Stomping, allowing them to stomp on Troders without taking damage. However, Emperor Evulz disenchants these boots in their first encounter with him, making Troders dangerous again. However, after the Troder Queen is defeated, the Troders are punished by having their spikes cut off.
- Parodied: Troders are completely useless enemies that don't do anything, but still gloat about having a spike on their head and use it as a "screw you" to Oreh if they try to stomp on the Troders.
- Averted: The Troder has a spike on the bottom of its body, affecting nothing in gameplay.
- Enforced: Troders are added to artificially teach the player that stomping on enemies isn't always the best way to go about fighting them.
- Lampshaded: "Troders? Is the emperor's plan to just give me a footache?"
- Invoked: Troders evolved to have their spikes, as many of their natural predators once killed them by stepping on them.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz designs a section of his fortress to rely heavily on parkour... while also dispatching Troders onto them to stop Oreh from getting past it.
- Defied: Oreh comes across a town riddled with Troders. The mayor hands them specially-designed boots that block their spikes, as it's a requirement for every citizen to wear them while traversing it.
- Discussed: "The emperor really thinks that a Troder would halt my progress? Is he forgetting I have fists or something?"
Back to The Spiny. Watch your step!