Basic Trope: The body of a character's loved one is still there, and that's good enough for them!
- Straight: After Alice's brother Bob dies, she keeps his body in the house and continues eating with and having "conversations" with him as though nothing has changed.
- Exaggerated: Alice is the last woman on earth. She arranges the bodies of everyone she knew, from her family to her pets to the mailman, the way they were in life and continues as though they're alive.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Alice has snapped as a result of the trauma and legitimately thinks Bob is alive.
- Inverted: While Alice's brother Bob is still alive, she starts treating him like he's dead.
- Subverted: Bob has died, and Alice is shown changing the body from pajamas to work clothes...but it turns out Bob's family and friends are preparing a funeral outside; work clothes are more solemn.
- Double Subverted: ...But afterwards, Alice digs the body up and continues to act as though Bob is alive.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: No character dies in the story.
- Enforced: The author wants Alice to come across as creepy yet sympathetic.
- Lampshaded: Alice talks with Charlie and Eva and says Bob will be happy tonight; she's making his favorite.Charlie: But isn't Bob...Eva: Not to her.
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz holds "Bob" hostage, knowing that Alice will respond as if he were alive.
- Defied: To prevent anyone from keeping his body around, Bob leaves orders that he be cremated.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Nonsense, Mummies at the Dinner Table has never been healthier!