Basic Trope: A part of the game that does not allow the player to pause or suspend the game progress.
- In Alex's Adventure, there's a level that takes at least an hour to beat, and the pause button is disabled during it.
- In Carl's Car Racing, there's a marathon mode that requires the player to complete all the courses, and the game only gives you a 5-second break between courses.
- The whole game is this in general.
- ...on top of that, you have to play through all the courses mirrored and reversed, and there are over 40 courses in the game, each course taking at least 10 minutes to finish. Which means you have to spend at least 20 hours to complete the entire thing.
- The level is long, but there are few checkpoints.
- Marathon mode courses are shortened. So it only takes 25 minutes to complete it.
- Justified: The developer wants to give the player more of a challenge.
- Inverted: The game encourages the player to take some rest after long periods of time.
- The level seems long, but it turns out most parts of the level are inaccessible.
- Double Subverted:
- Which you have to come back to later when they do become accessible.
Back to BladderOfSteel