TV Tropes ruining your life, or perhaps enhancing it, can be defined in stages or levels.
- You have visited and enjoyed the site.
- You visit the site several times a week.
- You have registered and account and begun editing.
- You visit the site daily.
- You visit the site multiple times daily.
- You are familiar enough with a number of tropes to edit comfortably without having to spend much time looking things up.
- You have studied the trope lists carefully and can name most tropes, and have good working knowledge of the Tropes of Legend.
- You regularly visit Trope Launch Pad to take a look at what's up and coming.
- You regularly chime in on or add examples to what's coming in the Trope Launch Pad.
- You spend a good amount of time hanging out at the forums.
- You regularly hang out at the forums and may be active at areas aimed at improving the site, such as the Trope Repair Shop or Image Pickin'.
- You have ever stopped to make an edit while reading or watching a work.
- You regularly do this.
- You don't even stop, you just edit.
- When watching a movie at the theater, you take notes for tropes, either mental or written.
- You are particularly excited about the idea of doing this with a new movie that doesn't have much stuff posted on the site yet.
- TV Tropes is your browser homepage.
- You have bought TV Tropes merchandise or participated in the Badge Shop.
- You are Fast Eddie.