- It takes a bit of fridge to get this. Morts losing himself to the persona of Death. Voice changing, blue eyes and even the infamous: Theres no justice. Theres just me. Ysabell tags along on his job, desperately trying to keep an eye on him and snap him out of it. In the middle of his epic and frightening identity crisis Mort gives us an utterly heart-melting line that shows us just how much Ysabells presence means to him. Remember how Death always feels alone?Ysabell: Thats not very fair.Mort: Theres no justice. Just us.
- Ysabell and Morts wedding reception. As if Cutwell's and Kelis Last Minute Hook Up wasnt squeal worthy enough we have this gem:Mort: We didnt think youd come.Death: To my own daughters wedding? Anyway, it was the first time Ive ever had an invitation to anything. It had gold edges and RSVP and everything.
- Mort remembers the loneliness of being Death.Mort: *urgently* Don't leave me.Ysabell: Im here. For as long as you need me.
- Keli and Cutwell.Keli: Thank you. But why did you jump on top of me?Cutwell: My first instinct was to protect you, your majesty.
- At the epilogue, Mort and Ysabel talk about how Cutwell isn't using magic anymore, which is a polite way to say that he is no longer celibate because he's hooked up with Keli.
- Seeing Death experience happiness for the first time is likely to give you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. He's surrounded by cats and cooking for people.
Heartwarming / Mort