- Jesse: "This loss will be met by a hurricane of love."
- As Drew stares at his father's body, for some reason, Mitch's lips curl into a smile.
- Doubles as a funny moment when you find out that this was a case of Enforced Method Acting. The actor in the casket was instructed to smile and Orlando Bloom wasn't told that it would happen, making his "WTF?" face genuine.
- The phone call between Drew and Claire that lasts the entire night, until they decide to meet in person as the sun rises.
- As Claire tells Drew about her itinerary, he only asks one thing: "When will you be back?" The delight in Claire's face is really a thing of beauty.
- Chuck. Behind all the college-style parties celebrating his upcoming wedding, he's very sympathetic to Drew's plight, and unlike the latter, he immediately cries on hearing about Mitch's passing.
- Mitch's wife's speech at his memorial service. From telling about their whirlwind romance, she goes into a standup comedy routine, talking about her coping with her husband's death. Afterwards, she tap-dances to an old love song, moving her daughter to tears.
- Claire's road map for Drew includes a visit to Martin Luther King Jr.'s apartment, where he was last seen alive before being assassinated."His death... was only the beginning of his victory."
- Drew's final narration as he reunites with Claire is a more hopeful speech, as he sees his "fiasco" from a different perspective, as well as implying that he's now found a reason to live."No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' A single green vine shoot is able to grow through cement. The Pacific northwestern salmon beats itself bloody on its quest to travel hundreds of miles upstream, against the current, with a single purpose: sex, of course. But also... life."
- An entire house full of people (most of whom have never met Drew and the ones who have, haven't seen him since he was a child) know all about Drew and his work and his shoe. How? Well, you have to read between the lines a little but it was probably because Mitch was proud of his son and all of his hard work and told everyone who would listen.
Heartwarming / Elizabethtown