- Take a sip every time you encounter a Star door roadblock with 1 Star left to unlock the door (with the exceptions of the 1-Star doors and the 70-Star door), read the Wing Cap sign in Bob-omb Battlefield, or talk to Yoshi.
- Take a shot every time a sign gives you inaccurate information.
- Drink a sixth of your bottle any time Peach communicates with Mario through a sign.
- Take two sips for every laugh Bowser makes in a dialogue box.
- Down the whole bottle every time a character breaks the fourth wall in a non-instructional fashion.
- For Americans playing the PAL version, take two shots whenever you notice a text difference between the PAL English version and the NTSC English version. For Commonwealthers playing the NTSC version, vice versa (Canadians need not apply).
- For players of the French version, take a shot when someone says "Ciao!", and down your whole bottle if a Shout-Out (e.g. to the Olympic Games or the Boeing 747) appears in the text.
Drinking Game / Super Mario 64