Orfani (in English Orphans) , renamed Orfani: Ringo from the second season and Orfani: Nuovo Mondo from the third season , is a comic book series created by Roberto Recchioni and Emiliano Mammucari, published in Italy by Sergio Bonelli Editore in color monthly registers, since 16 October 2013.
It starts as a military sci-fi story, telling a war between the human race and an aggressive extraterrestrial race, and the elite soldiers called to fight it: a group of children trained hard to become a lethal team of fighters known as "Orphans".
The innovation of this series, at least for the canons of Sergio Bonelli Editore (and Italian comics in general), is that Orfani is the first full-color comic book miniseries of the publishing house.
The authors have declared that when conceiving the story and the plot, they were inspired by fundamental works of science fiction as Lord of the Flies by William Golding and Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein space. In the series there are also numerous references to movies like Alien, The Big Red One, Full Metal Jacket and Star Wars, and the famous Halo video games series . More generally, however, Recchioni has repeatedly stated that his work is mostly influenced, both in the plot and in the graphic rendering of characters, vehicles and weapons, by the more generic "stereotypes and archetypes" of the literary and visual science fiction, appropriately revised .
- Child Soldiers: From a series called "Orfani" what do you expect? All the protagonists of the first series are forcibly recruited by what remains of the Earth's army, and trained from an early age to fight the aliens.
Episodes of this series provide examples of:
- The guidelines for listing show-level tropes apply to this list, too. Alphabetical by trope title.
- List of tropes that are only seen in a single episode or a small handful of episodes.
- Tropes about episodes, like Bottle Episode, are prime examples.
- This list may also include tropes relating to a secondary or tertiary character or location.