- Sunshine. "Just let him through. Trust me." And he used a bit of Tai Chi to get the tackle to flip himself ass over teakettle. Capped by this exchange:Coach: Ref! Unnecessary roughness, that's a penalty!Referee: On the quarterback? You kidding me, Coach?
- Coach Boone's speech at the battlefield at Gettysburg.
- Big Ju's statement to the opposing quarterback (who he had just tackled) during the rigged game:"You better make yourself comfortable down there. Real comfortable."
- Coach Yoast confronting the head ref over the crooked calls in the semi-finals. More specifically, the board of directors paid the referees to make unfair calls and thus have the Titans lose, which would result in Boone's being fired and Yoast getting the head coach position back. Yoast is vaguely aware of the scheme (the directors insinuate that they're going to do something to make Boone lose), and eventually snaps:Yoast: I know all about it, Titus.Referee: What are you talking about?Yoast: You call this game fair. Or I'll go to the papers. I don't care if I go down with ya but before God, I'll see every last one of you thrown in jail.
Yoast: Alright. Now, I don't want them to gain another yard! You BLITZ! ALL! NIGHT! They cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure that they remember-- FOREVER!-- the night they played the Titans!
- This is followed by one of the most inspiring coach's pep talks ever put to camera. what follows is the team utterly shitstomping the opposition, complete with Gary running over and calling out the opposing coach for his gloating before they take his team to the woodshed.
- It's a small moment, but Louie joining the Black football players at their lunch table is awesome. When confronted about it, he answers, with complete sincerity, that he's only eating lunch. He's the only White person on the team who genuinely doesn't care about race: he's there to play football.
- Similarly, Rev, Blue, and Petey's willingness to completely and immediately accept Louie suggest that they're more concerned with playing football than the color of his skin.
- Also similarly, Colonel Bass (Sunshine's dad) specifically choosing the recently-integrated Titans for his son over the segregated teams, saying that if blacks and whites can fight a war together, they can play football together.
- Throughout the first half of the movie, Coach Yoast is extra-kind to some of the players that Boone scolds on the football field specifically, the Black players, and especially Petey. Boone takes him to task for it, pointing out that Yoast's special treatment is condescending and rude. The Awesome Moment comes later: When Petey protests that he can't play against the crooked referees in the fixed semi-final game, Yoast, instead of being sympathetic, replies, "Did I ask for your excuses? You wanna be a star, you'd better give me a star effort." He then starts screaming at his players and making speeches just as Boone does.
- Early in the movie, Ronnie invites some of the black Titans players to a still-segregated diner, saying that the segregation part is in the past. The diner owner threatens Ronnie and refuses to serve the Titans players, and Ronnie gets yelled at for his naivety. In a deleted scene, Ronnie returns to the diner with the Titans players, and when the Diner owner once again begins to threaten Ronnie, Ronnie threatens him back by pointing towards his father, Colonel Bass, who has accompanied the players this time around, and Ronnie threatens to have his father call in a favor and have US Marshalls come in and desegregate the place by force. The racist owner is forced to sheepishly back down and let the players sit at the tables, and when some racist customers get up and leave, the rest of the customers sing hey hey hey good bye.
- The Titan's winning play in the final game. Rev (who'd been out with a broken wrist) running with the ball like his life depended on it, and Sunshine slamming opponents out of the way to give him a clear run.
Awesome / Remember the Titans