- "holy smoke I reely pulled a Charlie Gordon that time".
- Charlie yelling at the diner patrons who make fun of the boy dropping dishes. Even more so in the original short story, since there, it's a major turning point.
- Charlie letting Algernon out of his cage in the middle of a conference, just to put one over on the scientists who laughed at him. Then he sneaks Algernon out of the building in his pocket, and they escape together.
- Charlie's old "friends" from the bakery threatening to beat up a new guy who mocks him, showing that they've finally seen the light.
- The other bakery workers, not yet knowing about Charlie's new intelligence, try to get a laugh by challenging him to complete a complex baking process. Charlie does it perfectly much to their surprise, and the film even features a split-screen of his "Is that all?" face and their awed reaction.
Awesome / Flowers for Algernon