Hello there, everyone. After getting unnecessary approval from Nyperold (the creator of the My Sims Agents liveblog, which I've been a fan of), I'm proud to present you with yet another liveblog that I'll probably never finish due to procrastination and lack of peer approval. Isn't that just lovely?
Also, sorry if there's any major spelling errors in these first few entries; my regular document-writing program, which includes spellcheck, is on the fritz.
So, Endark, What's This Game About?
Unlike Agents, the original My Sims is basically a Sandbox. You've got an overall goal of increasing the rank of your town to five stars, and not everything's available to you from the get-go. But who you choose to live in the town, how the buildings look, and how you interact with them is all your choice. Hopefully, my schedule and interest will allow me to reach that ultimate ranking, and even make a few friends along the way...
To end this short introduction, I may as well describe the avatar I'll be playing with. Rather than waiting for troper participation (which was a recurring problem with my Disgaea Infinite playthrough), I got the following look after pressing the Random button a few times:
- SKIN: Caucasian
- HAIR: Short red hair, covered by a tan fedora.
- EYES: Small dots, with expressive eyebrows; one's a slash, the other a squiggly line. Covered by black reading glasses.
- MOUTH: A thin, straight line, with a small mustache and goatee.
- OUTFIT: A tan bomber jacket with white fur trim and a patch on the right arm; a red shirt with pink square patterns; a black belt with regular yellow buckle; black pants with brown boots.
- MARKINGS: Has a small X-shaped scar on his forehead, and a tatoo on his left cheek.
- VOICE: Type 2, mid-high. A tad light, perhaps, but easy on the ears.
- APPARENT GENDER: Male
And his name shall be...Bishop Black.
BISHOP: And before you ask, no, it's not after the chess piece. My mother was into tarot cards and was gonna call me Hierophant, but realized in the nick of time how often I'd get beat up at school with such a weird name.
For the record, the rest of the Liveblog will not be written in script format; I just wouldn't feel right copying Nyperold too much. So, from Installment #2 on, Bishop's going to be narrating everything.