Not Tropeworthy: Bested At Bowling get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 26th Dec 2013 11:59:00 PM
edited 12th Jun '13 7:16:32 AM by MikuruFan
- Type I happens at the end of the plotline and usually results in an Everybody Laughs Ending (unless it's a villain being beaten by a woman, in which the woman gets a whole bunch of respect from the guys (maybe).) This Trope could also cross with Dark Horse Victory and/or We Win Because You Didn't
- Type II happens in the first act leading to the second act focusing on the Masculine character trying to salvage his ego.note Can never be crossed with We Win Because You Didn't.
- Beaten By A Girl: This is the climax and the Aesop is "don't underestimate based on biological gender." Beaten By A Kid is a Sister Trope (perhaps an Internal one).
- Bested At Bowling (which would still need a rename): The Aesop is "Just because a woman/kid beats you doesn't make you any less of a man/adult." or "Don't base your emotional stability on assumptions based on gender/size." The climax is the masculine/physically stronger character either accepting these morals or demonstrating his failure to do so.
- Type I: Defeat as Resolution (Defeat resolves the plot)
- Type II: Defeat as Confrontation (Defeat sets up the plot)
edited 12th Jun '13 7:19:30 PM by DonaldthePotholer
edited 12th Jun '13 7:26:04 PM by AnotherDuck
edited 13th Jun '13 12:31:29 AM by KJMackley
edited 13th Jun '13 1:00:32 AM by AnotherDuck
Page Action: Bested At Bowling
11th Aug '13 10:57:28 AM