Sandbox.Good All Along is the current trope name, but is a different trope.
edited 15th May '13 9:08:42 PM by Rethkir
edited 19th May '13 10:09:07 PM by Rethkir
edited 20th May '13 7:20:38 AM by Rethkir
For Sandbox.Not Always Evil, I removed the following:
"Compare Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain. Compare and Contrast Evil All Along. May result in a Heel–Face Turn (but that barely ever happens)."
"This trope should not be confused with Good All Along, which applies to a character who was thought to be a bad guy, but is revealed to have always been good."
Likewise, Sandbox.Good All Along refers to the Not Always Evil being under this name.
edited 24th Jun '13 10:23:26 PM by Rethkir
edited 29th Jun '13 9:47:47 PM by Rethkir
My plan of action is this:
- Rename Good All Along to Not Always Evil because of misuse, since the name implies that it is the opposite of Evil All Along, when it's actually a subversion of Always Chaotic Evil.
- Create a new trope Called Good All Along, which is the exact opposite of Evil All Along and related to Reverse Mole.
- Sandbox.Good All Along is the proposed replacement for the current trope's name, and is the opposite of Evil All Along.
- Sandbox.Not Always Evil is the proposed name change of the current trope, which is a subversion of Always Chaotic Evil.
- All of the examples have been sorted into these sandboxes due to massive misuse. The description for Sandbox.Not Always Evil was slightly altered, and Sandbox.Good All Along has an entirely new description.
- Go through wicks and fix the ones that should direct to Not Always Evil.
edited 1st Jul '13 9:38:10 PM by Rethkir
Okay. Made the switch.
Going through the wicks. There was much... much more misuse than proper use, so after the rename, most of these don't need to be changed.
Could someone please explain what Touhou is an example of? I'm seeing it all the time, and I'm not sure which of these fits. I am completely unfamiliar with it.
edited 4th Aug '13 12:28:20 PM by Rethkir
You need to Get Known to get one of those.