- For presidents with enough media depictions to warrant their own Useful Notes page, strip the page of any tropes not related to fictional portrayals and move the page to the Useful Notes namespace. The presidents I can think of that probably deserve this treatment are George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama.
- For presidents that are creators in their own right, also make a Creators/ page for them and cross-link to their Useful Notes page. The only president I can think of would be Ronald Reagan.
- For everyone else, create UsefulNotes.The Presidents and have a short description of the traits most likely to appear in fiction about a given president. For presidents who have their own pages, obviously, link to their own pages.
edited 23rd Jun '12 8:26:45 PM by animeg3282
edited 23rd Jun '12 3:19:49 PM by SeptimusHeap
edited 23rd Jun '12 9:24:07 PM by Xtifr
edited 25th Jun '12 2:38:22 PM by nrjxll
edited 29th Jun '12 5:18:03 PM by arromdee
edited 9th Jul '12 7:14:33 AM by khalini
- Dale Earnhardt - Cut. I can only think of one ESPN biopic about the man, and no fictional portrayals of him whatsoever beyond "someone popular with NASCAR fans," which doesn't seem all that tropable.
- Josef Stalin - Keep, although the application of tropes about the man himself should go. If there are common tropes in portrayals of him, though, those can stay.
- Vladimir Lenin - As is, cut. I imagine that there probably are enough portrayals of Lenin to make something worth keeping, although I don't know them personally.
- Vladimir Putin - Cut. I think he mostly falls under the "most depictions are from satirical programs like The Daily Show" issue.
- Muammar Gaddafi - I'm a bit surprised that the fiction section had as many examples as it did. Keep.
- Adolf Hitler - As much as I'd love to go down in history as the man who got Hitler killed from the wiki (I'd totally brag about killing Hitler), let alone anywhere else, he might have more fictional portrayals than anyone else on this list. Sigh. Keep.
- Fidel Castro - Cut. I don't see many fictional depictions of him.
- Josip Broz Tito - I lean towards cut, since those fictional portrayals seem mostly just to namecheck him. I'm willing to change my mind if someone can show otherwise.
- Mikhail Gorbachev - I know that there's a couple of mentions that didn't make the page (like The Naked Gun) - it'd need expansion, but he could be kept.
- Ron Paul - I just added this page. Given that this was the page that inspired me to make this topic, I would cut.
edited 9th Aug '12 12:26:52 PM by 32_Footsteps