Hello. I'm a software developer, hailing from frozen tundra of Wisconsin. I am a total, unapologetic nerd. Also, I'm a massive fan of the Green Bay Packers, in no small part due to growing up six miles away from Lambeau Field.
The name "Linhasxoc" (pronounced roughly "lin-HASKS-sock"
) is a reference to Organization XIII from the Kingdom Hearts
series. Remove the 'x' and unscramble the letters, and you get my real name.
On the forums, you can see me mostly in On Topic Conversations, though I pop up in the other forums on occasion. In the wiki, I don't do a whole lot, though I do try to keep an eye on American Football
, as well as occasional cleanup of YMMV and natter.
Tropes that apply to this user
- Angrish: if I read/hear something that really pisses me off (usually something extremely racist or homophobic, or promoting rape culture), sometimes my mouth will start moving but no coherent sounds will come out of it.
- A Spot Of Tea: despite being American. I love my tea.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Not nearly to the extent described in the trope, but after a couple of beers I often feel far more tipsy than a person of my weight would be expected to. It may partially be a placebo effect (I've only turned 21 this year as of this writing, so I haven't been drinking very long).
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: I edit the entertainment section of my campus newspaper. One of my writers turned in an article about a symphony concert that, it turns out, she never actually attended. Doubly embarrassing since I was a former member of said symphony and knew the people who were complaining.
- Creepy Centipedes: Spiders I don't particularly mind, though I still kill the big ones. I hate hate hate hate hate centipedes.
- Everything's Cuter with Kittens: Very much a cat person.
- Geeky Turn-On
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: The Goatee + Mustache variety.
- I Call It Vera: In the intramural broomball program I play in, players make their own brooms and it's customary to name them. So far I've got Vulcanus and Umbreon.
- I Need a Freaking Drink
- Idiot Hair
- I Hate Past Me
- Lawful Neutral
- Nice Hat: A fleece Link hat made by an ex-girlfiend.
- Not a Morning Person: my normal time for waking up, given the choice, is about 10 AM. Much earlier than that and I'll be cranky or spacey, or both.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to my sister's red.
- The Smart Guy: Was my reputation in high school, when a friend leaked my ACT score to the entire school.
- The Unpronouncable: My username.
- Younger Than They Look: Used to get this due to the fact that for a while I was taking math classes two or three years further ahead than where I'd normally be expected to be. People who only saw me in that context often thought I was in the "normal" grade for those classes. Haven't gotten it in quite a few years now, especially since I've since grown a beard.
Works that I am a fan of
The Vandalism Section (post anything here!)