Hello. I'm a software developer, hailing from frozen tundra of Wisconsin. I am a total, unapologetic nerd. Also, I'm a massive fan of the Green Bay Packers, in no small part due to growing up six miles away from Lambeau Field.
The name "Linhasxoc" (pronounced roughly "lin-HASKS-sock"
) is a reference to Organization XIII from the Kingdom Hearts
series. Remove the 'x' and unscramble the letters, and you get my real name.
On the forums, you can see me mostly in On Topic Conversations, though I pop up in the other forums on occasion. In the wiki, I don't do a whole lot, though I do try to keep an eye on American Football
, as well as occasional cleanup of YMMV and natter.
Tropes that apply to this user
- Angrish: if I read/hear something that really pisses me off (usually something extremely racist or homophobic, or promoting rape culture), sometimes my mouth will start moving but no coherent sounds will come out of it.
- A Spot Of Tea: despite being American. Since I'm not fond of coffee, I need to down at least 4 cups of the stuff to make it through the day.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Not nearly to the extent described in the trope, but because I only started drinking relatively recently I don't have much of a tolerance.
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: I edit the entertainment section of my campus newspaper. One of my writers turned in an article about a symphony concert that, it turns out, she never actually attended. Doubly embarrassing since I was a former member of said symphony and knew the people who were complaining.
- Creepy Centipedes: Spiders I don't particularly mind, though I still kill the big ones. I hate hate hate hate hate centipedes.
- Everything's Cuter with Kittens: Very much a cat person.
- Geeky Turn-On
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: The Goatee + Mustache variety.
- I Call It Vera: In the intramural broomball program I play in, players make their own brooms and it's customary to name them. So far I've got Vulcanus and Umbreon.
- I Need a Freaking Drink
- Idiot Hair
- I Hate Past Me
- Lawful Neutral
- Malaproper: when nervous, I tend to say words that are different from the ones I meant to say, when I don't just desynchonize my thoughts from my tongue completely and make gibberish noises. Since I'm just a little bit neurotic about my work, this usually means whenever I try to explain something technical to my coworkers or boss, at some point I'll have to back up and start over.
- Nice Hat: A fleece Link hat made by an ex-girlfiend.
- Not a Morning Person: not anymore, but back in college I couldn't wake up before 10 AM without being spacy and cranky.
- No Pronunciation Guide: well not literally, since the pronunciation of my username is right up there, but everywhere else my username is this. Also my real surname (which I'm not sharing here for obvious reasons).
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to my sister's red.
- The Smart Guy: Was my reputation in high school, when a friend leaked my ACT score to the entire school.
- Younger than They Look: Used to get this due to the fact that for a while I was taking math classes two or three years further ahead than where I'd normally be expected to be. People who only saw me in that context often thought I was in the "normal" grade for those classes. Haven't gotten it in quite a few years now, especially since I've since grown a beard.
Works that I am a fan of
The Vandalism Section (post anything here!)