Antagonist Advice :
- Books: the New Kashubia Series, Bolo, Infinity Beach;
- Films: Surrogates, The Matrix, Skyline;
- Music videos: Immortal from Cruxshadows , Larger than Life from the Backstreet Boys , and I'm still looking for #3;
edited 26th Sep '11 1:18:51 PM by GiantSpaceChinchilla
- why was Earth "drafted"?
- And why should we listen to this authority?
- What makes whatever cause we're being pulled into (apparently against our will, since that's what "drafted" means) so dangerous that...
- Our "benefactors" needed us?
- We would fight on their behalf and not team up with their enemies?
- Significant enough that these obviously-advanced and talented aliens would need our help?
edited 15th Sep '11 11:05:21 PM by KingZeal
- Whoever drafted us needed a lot of observers for their machines.
- While drafted probably isn’t the best use of the word since we aren’t part of their government(s) It’s better than the alternative.
- A war of some description, while the scale hasn’t been decided it will probably involve the efforts of the entire local group before the story ends.
- The machines are self replicating to some degree, however either because of it being a feature of the setting or “the drafters” tech level the machines aren’t super strong AIs, otherwise they probably would have left us alone.
- Not sure really, depending on the enemy it could be a case of “first come first serve” or “because they’d eat us”.
- They need us, and all of the other draftees, to work in symbiosis with their machines. They probably have drafted and/or volunteer forces among their own species.
edited 26th Sep '11 1:19:45 PM by GiantSpaceChinchilla
You need to Get Known to get one of those.