Anyways, suppose I, being the feminist that I am, should comment on this.
There is a difference between asking about a gender, and a trait.
A male and a female are a type of sex.
A nerd is a trait.
Asking what traits are compatible with another trait, while still broad, is not as bad about asking what traits are compatible with a sex.
That being said, nerds of any gender tend to want the best of both worlds. They want someone attractive AND on their level of intellect. Or, if not their level of intellect, someone who really REALLY respects their level of intellect, and would be willing to listen to the nerd go on and on about their topic of preference.
Seeing someone who is attractive reference something that the other person likes is usually great too. The common stereotype is a females playing videogames, or males watching a soap opera that the female also plays, but it goes far far beyond that.
They basically usually desire someone who has all the social grace and composure of a 'normal' person, but all the interests and obsessions that they have.
In other words, pretty much exactly the same as every type of person in the world.
Someone who is attractive, funny, and all that jazz, and a complete love of what the other person loves.
A great example of this is Megan Fox
from Transformers. It can be applied to almost any type of fantasized person, really. They either have the same obsession, or are incredibly eager to get into it, and become a fan as a result, as well as being hot.
So what would a nerd want SPECIFICALLY?
Depends. What type of person makes up the nerd? Do they like computers? Math? Science? Comic books?
Do they want an equal? Do they want someone they can nurture and protect? Do they want a superior?
Answer what they like, and what they prefer, and you have the wetdream of said person ready to go.
You either end up with:
- The Equal:
- A: Hot person that was just as obsessed with topics as they were.
- B: Hot person that wasn't obsessed with topics, until they were brought into it by said person.
- C: Hot person isn't obsessed with topics, but have their own topics of equal obsession, and the two are at a mutual understanding because of it.
- The Inferior:
- A: Hot person that doesn't understand the love with the topics, but will let you go on and on about it and probably make mistakes about it all the time for comedy effect.
- B: Hot person that does understand the topic, but could never help to know it better as the partner, and frequently needs help.
- C: Faux Action Girl type, where they are superior in everything until it comes down to application, where the partner gets to pull off a hero moment or something to that extent.
- The Superior:
- A: Hot person that not only loves the topic more than you do, but is BETTER at it, more obsessed, and more knowleadgable and is STILL somehow more socially graceful than you are...
- B: Hot person that, while not superior in the topics the partner is interested in, is VERY good with some other idolized trait. Usually the Hot Amazon archetype.
- C: Mary Sue.
edited 2nd Feb '11 9:31:01 AM by MrAHR