YMMV: X-Men: Destiny
- Broken Base: The game itself is entirely YMMV. It's either an okay game with some good ideas and great combat, or its a terrible game with nothing decent and repetitive combat. All agree the graphics were bad, however. It appears to be more geared towards casual gamers instead of hardcore gamers though, judging from the split of opinion itself.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Aimi is implied to be Sunfire's daughter. When Disney decided to adapt another team Sunfire was a part of, Aimi's voice actress Jamie Chung was cast as one of his teammates.
- It's Short, so It Sucks : It's an action-RPG which can be completed in 5 hours. Character, power, and faction choices arguably make up for this in replay value, however.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: Not helped by the game's Troubled Production.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Depending on which character you choose, the remaining other two possible player characters become this, since they then go on to not appear after the mess, when they could've easily fitted into being a possible rival or ally. In a more straightforward example, Pixie. Essentially the X-Men's latest Breakout Character, Pixie's power is important to the story itself, with her being killed off mid-way through the plot.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: If you're going to fight alongside established X-Men as a newcomer, why didn't they just allow you to create your own unique character? The multiple backgrounds for the new characters would have been nice origin stories. Not helped by the fact when the game was first announced some fans thought this was the route the game would go.