YMMV: What If?
What If? the blog
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The post "Pressure Cooker," which described exploding pressure cookers among other things, came six days before somebody used a pair of pressure cookers filled with shrapnel to bomb the Boston Marathon.
- Squick: The "mole of moles".
What If? the comic book
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: That time Wolverine, Iron Man, Spider-Man and The Hulk defeated Thanos while the later had the fucking Infinity Gauntlet!
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Plenty of scenarios in the comic actually happened as time went on - Spider-Man joined the Fantastic Four in the Hickman run, Hulk became a barbarian in the Planet Hulk series, Comic-Book Time means that Captain America was probably revived decades after "What if Cap were revived today?", Elektra's survival has been retconned in...
- The joke scenario in #34, "What if Every Avenger Remained an Avenger", depicts the silliness of an Avengers team with dozens of members. Ever since Civil War, that lineup has looked downright sparse.
- Harsher in Hindsight/ "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: "What if Spiderman Had Not Married Mary Jane" became more like a canon after the release of "One More Day" in 2007.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Cat and Mouse" (vol2 #87) was about Jubilee being left to fight an Ax-Crazy Sabertooth after he kills both Bishop and Beast. As the story progressed Sabertooth received more and more physical damage, verging on Body Horror, as Jubilee is left to fend for herself in a version of the Xavier Institute which verges on H. R. Giger levels of nightmarish design. The issue was voted one of Comic Book Resources' "Scariest Comic Books Of All Time". See here.