YMMV: What If?
What If? the blog
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The post "Pressure Cooker," which described exploding pressure cookers among other things, came six days before somebody used a pair of pressure cookers filled with shrapnel to bomb the Boston Marathon.
- Squick: The "mole of moles".
What If? the comic book
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Plenty of scenarios in the comic actually happened as time went on - Spider-Man joined the Fantastic Four in the Hickman run, Hulk became a barbarian in the Planet Hulk series, Comic-Book Time means that Captain America was probably revived decades after "What if Cap were revived today?", Elektra's survival has been retconned in...
- The joke scenario in #34, "What if Every Avenger Remained an Avenger", depicts the silliness of an Avengers team with dozens of members. Ever since Civil War, that lineup has looked downright sparse.
- Harsher in Hindsight/ "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: "What if Spiderman Had Not Married Mary Jane" became more like a canon after the release of "One More Day" in 2007.