- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Tomie a bitch because she's a Complete Monster or because she's a Anthropomorphic Personification of lust and violence, and the death and destruction she causes in her wake the whole point of her existence in terms of the reason she was put on the earth?
- Complete Monster: Tomie easily qualifies. She's a Manipulative Bitch to everyone she meets and is completely nonchalant about anyone who gets hurt due to her actions. However, her nature as an Eldritch Abomination may excuse her.
- Designated Hero: Tsukiko and the male model character from the later stories. The former is involved in taking pics of her male classmates without permission to sell to her female friends and the later is an arrogant asshole who not only tries disfigure Tomie after she disfigures him, but also starts creating NEW versions of Tomie (who can age) simply to torment the new versions by watching them age and lose their beauty that way.
- Too Dumb to Live: Tomie, actually. Despite being killed hundreds, if not thousands of times, she still continues to mock and belittle those obsessed with her, eventually having them snap and kill her in return. One would think she would learn after awhile.
- X Meets Y: The Thing (1982) goes Seinen.