YMMV: Tokyo Xtreme Racer
- Base Breaker: Zero's car. Some fans were not pleased to see that he drives a Toyota Corolla in TXR 3 instead of his usual Porsche 911 from TXR 0
- Speed King is also a victim of this, having his R34 swapped out for his Impreza in Drift and ITC.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The whole series is filled with this. Take Nu Beat for example.
- That One Boss: D3 from TXR 3 are absolute hell to beat. Not only do you have to race all three of them, but you have to do it all in one attempt.
- That One Level: Hokkaido in Drift 2. A dirt track with occasional tarmac sections. If you cannot handle it, you will be thrown out in the dust.
- From the same game, we have Record Tour. Video Game Cruelty Punishment applies here: Gliding or hitting the walls gives you a TIME PENALTY.
- The Woobie: Every member of Wind Stars has went through some kind of harsh sruggle that you can't help but feel sorry for them.