YMMV: The Three Musketeers (2011)
- Audience-Alienating Premise: The Three Musketeers with airships. The Three Musketeers directed by Paul W. S. Anderson.
- Evil Is Sexy: Milady de Winter.
- Genius Bonus: Or rather Reader Bonus. Luke Evans (Aramis) bears a resemblance to Orlando Bloom (the Duke of Buckingham). In the book, when D'Artagnan first sees the Duke he notes his resemblance to Aramis.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The movie was a flop in the US but has been quite successful overseas (even managing to be of the year's biggest films in Germany and Japan).
- So Okay, It's Average: The splendid visuals and some solid performances and action scenes are undercut by the rest of the film.
- Tainted by the Preview: People were sceptical if this film was going to be any good with the previews... especially with the airship.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Yet, with its alright cast and production values, the film might have been better as a straightforward adaptation, with no airships — considering that the last Musketeer movie to hit theaters while including the stolen jewels subplot was the Richard Lester version from 1973-74. On the other hand, Rule of Cool.
- What The Hell Casting Agency?: Orlando Bloom is in this, but he's not playing D'Artagnan? Bwa?
- Maybe during his Pirates days but he's a little too old now, since he's now in his thirties while D'Artagnan is a youth in the book.note