YMMV: The Sum of All Fears
- Awesome Music: Jerry Goldsmith
- Complete Monster: Neo-Nazi billionaire Richard Dressler wants to create a fascist superstate in Europe. His ruminations on history have led him to the conclusion that Adolf Hitler was a fool for trying to fight Russia and America- it's much better to have them fight and destroy each other. Dressler obtains a nuclear weapon and places it in a football stadium during the Super Bowl, killing countless innocent people. He blames the attack on Russia so the Americans will bring their military to bear and when Russia stands its ground, the two countries are ready to engage in all out nuclear war on one another thanks to Dressler's framing and stroking of tensions.
- No Problem with Licensed Games
- Idiot Plot: Jack Ryan has finally gotten on the phone with one of the President's advisors, a man who hates him and dismissively refers to him as "Nemarov apologist" right off the bat. Instead of immediately telling him that he can prove the plutonium in the bomb was of American origin, instantly resolving the situation before things get any worse, he decides to argue with the guy about Nemarov's integrity until he hangs up.
- Values Dissonance: Some Russian viewers are unhappy with the portrayal of the Chechnya problem in the film. While at least some effort is made to demonstrate an even-handed portrait of the situation, the use of nerve gas on civilians, even by a violent splinter group, may have been a little much.
- In real-life the Russians used an allegedly non-lethal chemical agent to end the 2002 Moscow theatre hostage crisis... and suffered approximately 130 fatal civilian casualties in the process. I think we can call this one Truth in Television.