YMMV: The Suffering
- Demonic Spiders: Infernas. They move extremely fast and are hard to hit, trail fire just by moving so you rapidly run out of movement room, have both a direct and area of effect fire attack, and always come in groups (and Jesus Christ, they are FAST!).
- Evil Is Sexy: Jordan. Some might even say Blackmore.
- Fridge Brilliance: In 'Ties That Bind,' the Creeper was (in life) a serial killer and pimp who would murder women, mostly prostitutes. He displays massive misogynistic tendencies, as well as an intense mistrust for women, and will encourage Torque to do the same. And if you're playing on the Good side of things, Jordan betrays you, leaving the player with the possibility that the Creeper's twisted advice was actually useful.
- If you read Ranse Truman's note during the load screen of "Lifetime Companion" and then finish your playthrough under Evil morality, you will realize what Ranse meant in his writing...
- Hell Is That Noise: chink-clink-clank-clankschrarlclankclinkCLIKCLIKCLIKCLIK-SHLINK!
- The sound of a Gorger feeding is known to turn the stomachs of the hardiest players.
- The Creeper's voice would be terrifying even if his dialogue in the game was about fluffy puppies instead of his exploits as an abusive pimp and misogynistic serial killer.
- Nightmare Fuel: It's a goddamn Survival Horror game, were you expecting lollipops and laughter?!?!
- Paranoia Fuel: It's implied, particularly in the second game, that there's nowhere humans have lived that doesn't have an evil enough past for Malefactors to spawn there if something triggers them to.