* DemonicSpiders: Infernas. They move extremely fast and are hard to hit, trail fire just by moving so you rapidly run out of movement room, have both a direct and area of effect fire attack, and always come in groups (and Jesus Christ, [[DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment they are FAST]]!).
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Dr. Killjoy. There's a reason he was brought back for the sequel.
* EvilIsSexy: Jordan. Some might even say Blackmore.
* FridgeBrilliance: In 'Ties That Bind,' the Creeper was (in life) a serial killer and pimp who would murder women, mostly prostitutes. He displays massive misogynistic tendencies, as well as an intense mistrust for women, and will encourage Torque to do the same. [[spoiler:And if you're playing on the Good side of things, Jordan betrays you, leaving the player with the possibility that the Creeper's twisted advice was actually useful.]]
** If you read Ranse Truman's note during the load screen of "Lifetime Companion" and then finish your playthrough under Evil morality, you will realize what Ranse meant in his writing...
* NightmareFuel: It's a goddamn SurvivalHorror game, ''were you expecting [[SweetDreamsFuel lollipops]] and [[CrowningMomentOfFunny laughter?!?!]]''
** NightmareRetardant: ...on the other hand, some players feel the ability [[MoreDakka to shoot them down with an M60]] kind of messes things up.
* ParanoiaFuel: It's implied, particularly in the second game, that there's ''nowhere humans have lived'' that doesn't have an evil enough past for Malefactors to spawn there if something triggers them to.