- The scene with Canuk; the music clearly indicates that there's something wrong with him... but it's not until his voice starts to change that you realize that he's actually possessed by the villain. And you have to keep dealing with him if you want to get the final piece of the game's MacGuffin - and that means entering the Death Trap he offers.
- Morpheus' laugh during the death sequences.
- Most of the death sequences. As Morpheus laughs, you see a stained glass window with a metaphorical representation of how you got yourself killed.
- The fact that the teacher kills you for doing poorly on her test.
- Every time you enter a dark place you are told that this is "just the way the grues like it." Though you never see the grues, it is possible to be eaten by them. In fact, you have until the text vanishes (about ten seconds) to light the darkness or get the hell out before you're lunch. For good measure, this can happen anywhere, including your hotel room - the one place you'd think you would be safe from nightmarish carnivores.
- The Lighthouse Keeper remarks "You must be another one of Rooper's sweepstakes winners." Another one. What the hell happened to all of them?
- Morpheus himself. On his own, he's pretty unnerving, but it's his modus operandi that makes him really creepy: he's constantly trawling through the minds of the Valley's inhabitants while they dream, looking for character traits that interest him. If anyone demonstrates something he finds to be "of value," he has his vultures capture them and bring them to his citadel: there, he turns them to stone and goes about assimilating them. And guess what? ' You now have his undivided attention.
- All of Morpheus' lines during the showdown are creepy as hell. After all, he has the petrified bodies of quite a few of your allies from across Zork on display (Including Rooper, Wizard Trembyle, Rebecca Snoot, the Priestess of the Bel Nair Temple, and Witch Itah). But that voice, and that music just make it all the more disturbing.
Welcome... to my gallery. Perhaps you know some of my collection? This is my research laboratory, and these are my subjects. I have studied them all, and have taken the best from each. From you... I will take strategy.