YMMV: Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal
- Accidental Innuendo: (player)!DRUG BAG FUCK. This is how the game renders "(player) put the Potion into the bag". This gets worse with some other items, such as Poke Balls; "(player) put the Poke Ball in the Ball Pocket" is translated to "(player)!HUGEBALL BALL FUCK".
- "(player)!GREASY BAG FUCK"
- "HOW MANY MONSTERS HAVE YOU GRABBED?"
- The game repeatedly translates "catch Pokemon" or similar phrases as "grasp monsters".
- Acceptable Targets: Buddhists, whose monks are portrayed as crazy.
- Though probably not intentionally; The monk seems to mean that the tower is so well built that there's no chance of a Pokemon battle knocking it over, even if you both go all out.
- Crazy Awesome: Farfetch'd, what with his Super Hero Origin and all.
- Crossover Ship: Some people shipped this game's version of Kris with Twitch Plays Pokémon's Red back the early days of the LP.
- Ensemble Darkhorse / Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Silver. In the original game, he was an unlikeable, Social Darwinist Jerkass. But in Vietnamese Crystal, he becomes a favorite character of many fans with his hilarious hammy, angry rants and the fact that he may or may not be madly in love with the player.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
THAT UNCLE IS IN COMPANY WITH RACING CAR.note
- One guy in Ecruteak Theater, if you compare Vietnamese to English.
- If you beat Silver on the first encounter, he will say, "I AM...I AM A MONSTER...COACH", in which the word coach was shown in the next line, making players assume that Silver said that he is a monster instead of a monster coach. 'Monster' is one of this game's translation of 'Pokemon', which would mean Silver just admitted himself as a Pokemon. Well...
- Memetic Mutation: The entire translation, but especially volcano bakemeat and the trashy man speech.
- Memetic Sex God: The player character, since they will BAG FUCK whenever they receive an item. Also, the awkward translations seem to make NPCs constantly hit on the player:
NPC: YOU AND YOUR FRIEND ARE HOT. GAINING EVERYBODY' ATTENTION, I WANT TO DO SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY.
- Narm: Dear God, Vietnamese Crystal is practically made of Narm. Any scene that was intended to be dramatic in any way is just made laughable by virtue of Translation Train Wreck, Accidental Innuendo, Word Salad Humor, No Punctuation Is Funnier, and a boatload of other tropes. Enemy trainers shout strange things before they fight you and babble incoherently when they lose, Team Missle Bomb's antics are strange and laughable, Silver is the largest ham to have ever walked the earth, and Pokemon battles often include doing drugs and sending your Pokemon to a pillory.
- Ron the Death Eater: Jasmine, who in the canon games is a sweet Shrinking Violet, is now apparently some sort of drug lord, since she makes the player character fetch "drugs" from across the sea for her.
- So Bad, It's Good: The horrible, incomprehensible translations may cause onlookers to burst out into uncontrollable laughter several times.
- Snark Bait
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: The longer this game continues, the more likely this question may be asked by players or watchers of the Let's Plays.